Curriculum Vitae - Résumé
If you want to read a shorter version of my resume it can be found on this link, but make sure you read the longer version if you want to know more about more, or feel free to send me a hello message.
You can also connect with me on: LinkedIn, GitHub, Twitter, Google+
Solution Architect, Team/Technical Lead, Senior Software Engineer, Hardware Engineer at Sciencix
January 2014 – Present
In charge of research and development of a networked dissolution tester, including hardware, software, on-line cloud management software, and android application (that can control a dissolution tester) which can remotely control them, schedule tasks when to run, and running validations on the instruments based on the data we collect, and external validations, to make sure they are in proper working order. Planning and speccing the network infrastructure required for the product.
And also reverse engineering the hardware and software of older models on the market so they can be used with our platform.
Working with design concepts related to programming and development of existing resources as well as research of potential future resources. Responsible for the company’s AWS infrastructure.
- Analyzing the requirements, and building a prototype
- Building hardware, PCB, software, creating interfaces for automatic firmware updates for the hardware
- Writing software for the on-line cloud management software, in node.js and angular
- Writing a CEP (Complex Event Processing) system using Esper, for real-time notification of various conditions, like critical failures
- Implementation of encryption standards for data storage
- Planning the network and server architecture specifications
- Creating images of the server for easier deployment
Consultant, Software Architect, Senior Software Engineer at Covantia LLC
November 2012 – Present
Development and design of an Event Processing System, used to generate actions (sending emails, creation of objects, time based actions, sending notifications) based on the events of any external software. The ability to create processing workflows using an UI, and integration with various systems.
Also working as a consultant for the company on various other projects that the company has, as a Software Architect, and as a Network and System administrator for the company needs.
- Analyzing the requirements, and designing the system, planning the network and server architecture and specifications
- Scalability, running on multiple machines, for fast processing of queries (1000 – 2000 a second), ability to just add new servers to the pool for increased processing power.
- Ability to design a work-flow in a simple manner, using an UI, having the ability to make the actions dependable on others and share the data between the actions in a single workflow. Ability to assign complex rules that evaluate to boolean algebra, that can execute the actions based on the data passed in the events.
- WebRTC for audio and video communication
- RESTful API Interface
- Different communication protocols for the service, using an API, Socket.IO, SQS, SNS/SQS
Senior Software Engineer, Team/Technical Lead, Software Architect at Mars Omega LLP
December 2012 – January 2014
Development and architecture of a inhouse system for information/intelligence gathering and analysis of the data, and is used for storing and organizing the data. This is a tool for people to enter data and link the data together so we can have a view of how the data correlates to each other and also to generate relationships and see other connections between them. It also grants you the ability to work on multiple data at the same time, providing a centralized view in which you can add stuff and organize.
- Planing architecture, planing the server architecture, database deployment
- Building the API for the front-end
- Building a front-end interactive dashboard, that can be used, for giving you a centralized view of the whole system in one place.
- Database sharding, replication, setup and running on multiple machines over SSH tunnels, for increased security.
- Design, plan, and implementation of advanced security system that monitors your every action, making sure they don’t do what they are not supposed to do, and sending real time messages to the users
- Messaging system, that allows for people to mark messages as unread, and even use them as tasks, also provides notifications if the users to whom is sent has seen the message or not.
- Setting up the systems servers (development, production, and staging), firewalls, apache, nginx, compiling dependencies, load-balancing
- System for visual organization of data, correlation between data.
- Advanced system for data correlation and understanding, using GIS, OpenLayers, Goggle Maps, for mapping data on the whole planet, and replaying events.
Senior Software Engineer, Technical/Team Lead, Security Administrator, Network and IT Specialist at MI-C3
January 2011 – November 2012
In my time in MI-C3 I worked on many projects, the two most important ones are:
- Mi-bubble (Version 6.8), a system that is offering a customized solution for managing, deploying and tracking an organization’s assets, being movable, non-movable as well as taking into consideration the human element. This system is used by multinational companies, tracking their assets all over the globe.
- TagNGo, In charge of creating the software architecture for a GPS safety system, used by parents to track their children. This was a real time tracking system, with a max delay of 5 seconds. Building such a system and designing it had its own challenges and rewards.
- System Architecture, planning, development, integrations for Platform 6.8, MI-NCC, TagNGo
- Integration of different systems into one, integrations of various DVR, NVR providers into one centralized system. Integration of Motorola PushToTalk Radio into a web based system.
- Creating system for managing assets, tracking assets, management of door controls, gates, video/audio systems
- Creation of a web interface for video conferencing, and the ability to dial out directly from the interface to a telephone line.
- Maintaining the company and it’s subsidiaries network infrastructure
- Management of DNS, DHCP, Subversion, Mail, Firewall.
- Integration of Google Maps (paid version), OpenLayers, for mapping various devices like GPS, Doors, Gates, Assets, People
- Planed and designed a data center, including power requirements, blade servers, cables, wiring, cooling, multiple network lines, line aggregation, networking equipment, SAN
- Replication of data across multiple data-centers, SAN storage.
- Failure scenarios, and how to solve them, including SRP system
- Implementation of Esper CEP system for complex event processing, of data received by various systems and devices.
June 2010 – December 2010
I joined dcom as a Team Lead. My main role was to build a team of young engineers which I would personally mentor into using multiple technologies and do projects together. Our projects were around the concept of e-Learning. The end result was an e-Learning system which was web based, but also included a mobile client that tracked the user sessions across devices.
- Writing Android applications both for public use and internal use
- Writing games in Android
- Teaching the new employees on the used technologies
- Managing the team, assigning tasks
Technologies used: C# .NET, ASP .NET, PHP, Java, Android, JNI
Senior Software Engineer, Technical Lead at Seavus
November 2009 – April 2010
- Analyzing datasets from various databases, so I can build a system for collection, processing and analysis of the data
- Writing software for management and visual aid for the collected, processed and analyzed data
- Writing the plugins for WordPress
- Writing various systems based on SugarCRM CE
- Installation and maintenance of BladeServers for our government
- Writing software for integration of telephony systems like Asterisk PBX, into telephone lines, and into the web interface.
Education and Training
(2010 – 2015) Master of Science and Engineering, Software Engineering EQF Level 7
at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies, Skopje (Macedonia)
(2002 – 2009) Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Technology and Automation EQF Level 7
at Faculty of Electrical Engineering, “Ss Cyril and Methodius” University, Skopje (Macedonia) | 10 Semesters
- Macedonian Native
- English Native or bilingual proficiency
- Serbian Full professional proficiency
- Japanese Elementary proficiency
- French Elementary proficiency
- Software architect for several projects, and leading a team of people, where management and implementation was critical.
- Successfully managed a team of developers both in term of technology and human aspect, where I was in charge of the development and release cycle of the projects in question.
- Acting in a mentoring capacity for a period of years getting new software engineers up to speed, for various technologies. Experience in providing a course for software engineers in system design/architecture, and various software technologies.
- Network infrastructure
- Software Architecture
- Software design
- Viability and prototyping of systems (both Hardware and Software)
- Server kernel optimization and hardening
- Security audit